Clique August Malibu Kit - Guest DT Layout:



I am so thrilled to be here as a guest designer for Clique Kits this month!

When the Malibu kit arrived it was a swoon moment, how beautiful is it!



I have created a 12 x 12 layout today.




I love white on white and so I started with using this wonderful Clique cut file Love, which is the Valentine 2016 cut file.

I knew I wanted the theme of my layout to be Love Summer

I then chose another Clique cut file which was the August 2016 cut file as it reminded me of a Hibiscus which is a summer to me.  When I cut this I kept the centres of the leaves and then cut the petals from the patterned paper.


I wanted my Hibiscus cut file to have height so I foam taped the petals and leaves.

Now for the fun part, embellishing! I created a polaroid shaped mat for my photo and added some random machine sewing on it to add texture.

I hand cut the mermaid from the journal card paper and scattered the sequin mix around her.

I created a cluster embellishment to the left of my photo, layering for visual interest.

I added a sticker heart to the top of my page adding a word sticker Summer. Often my title is not prominent on my page but more of a subtle theme that is evident through out my layout.

Here are some close up photos for you:












I love simplicity and pretty, that being my aim of this layout. I hope you agree!

Thank you for joining me today and I will see you again soon.

Please head to the Clique blog to see all the inspiration and products.










Comments

Popular Posts