JustNick Studio - Dude You Rock Layout by Rachel Lowe:

Hello everyone Rachel here!

With three sons I am always on the look out for boy collections and boy cut files to create my layouts.

I love this cut file Ride the Wave background cut file and this was the starting point of my layout.

As I wanted it to be a feature of my layout I went with 11.5 x 11.5 inches (as I knew I wanted to add a border) inch but you could make it smaller if it suited your design.





I then chose Cocoa Vanilla Studio You Rock collection which is totally awesome and totally boy!

I chose two paper designs and paper pieced behind the waves.

I then went about layering my photo with papers, embellishments and finished off with some messy machine sewing. Lots of foam tape was used to create the height and so I could tuck bits and pieces behind and under.




I then added die cuts on the waves following its curve/shape. I then sewed over them to add more texture and interest.

I wanted a larger title so I used the word 'dude' from the All Boy cut file set which I backed in a contrast paper. I then finished off by sewing through the centre of the word.

Bright, fun and lots of different textures and heights for visual impact.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope this has inspired you to go create your own cool dude page!

Head over to the Justnick blog and shop for more inspiration.

xXx





Comments

Popular Posts